Employment Law/is my former employer breaking any laws?

Question
I worked for a daycare in kingman az. I found out I was being paid under state minimum wage at 7.76/ hour, when i was told when I started working there that i was making 7.90/hr; and all the employees that started working after me were being paid 8 an hour. when I confronted the boss/ owner she told me she could pay me whatever she wanted because its a daycare. she put me on call because of this dispute and I didn't hear anything from her for two weeks. she called on an employee meeting and when I went she had two or three new employees. she told me I was kept on call because she was debating on firing me because I had an attitude about my wages and she told me not to talk to any of the employess about what I was being paid. i worked after the meeting for two days. then she texted me one night and said another employee was telling her me, as well as two other employees, were talking bad about her and she was putting us all back on call. needless to say all three of us quit. since then i haven't been paid for the days i worked while on call for a month and the two days i worked after the employee meeting. I was supposed to be paid on a Monday but she never got to do payroll until Tuesday because she was "sick". when she finally did payroll a week later she said I had no hours for this pay period. what can i do?

Answer
No laws are broken if you are paid at least minimum wages. You should be paid for the time you were working. You need to Contact the Department of Labor and file a complaint for non payment of wages.

Phoenix District Office
US Dept. of Labor
Wage & Hour Division
230 N. First Avenue, Suite 402
Phoenix, AZ 85003-1725

Phone:
(602) 514-7100
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)

Eric Murray
District Director

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR