Employment Law/Airport employee Background checks

Question
Hello,

If I had a possession under 20 grams of majihanna that happened 8 years ago and I never got any other charge can that stop me from getting a job at the airport

Thanks,
Suheily

Answer
In most jobs it is only asked if you have ever been convicted of a felony.  The Airport is a different place. Because of 911 and all the other terrorist threats it is under Homeland Security guidlines. They do a very thorough background check even an FBI check in some cases.

When I do a background check it is for felonies and related offenses.

I do not know if this possession charge would keep you from getting a job at the airport. I think it would depend on what the job is, what type of clearance you need, and the policies of that particular airport. All you can do is try and all they can say is no.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR