Employment Law/supervisor position

I'm trying to find a loop hole, my job title was driver supervisor, but I basically was a dispatcher for a medical transportation co.that had a contract with the VA (veterans)Hospital, transporting vets to the hospital. sometimes I had to transport clients also.worked excess off 55 hrs a week plus on call everyother nite and on call for a whole weekend. Half the staff is considered some sort of supervisor. So is that how they get out of any type of overtime ?

Dora - misuse of supervisory titles is one of the most common Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) violations. Contact your nearest U.S. Department of Labor office and file a complaint about this refusal to pay overtime.  They will conduct an investigation and, if they find that you are not exempt from overtime, they will order your employer to pay back wages.  Good luck.

Employment Law

Margaret M. deMarteleire

I can answer most questions about employment law, federal or state. I am an attorney, not an HR professional, so questions about HR careers, coursework, prospects, etc. are not within my scope.

Attorney for 20 years, currently working exclusively with employment law - FLSA, FMLA, federal contracts, pay, etc.

Temple University School of Liberal Arts, BA, Rhetoric & Communication, 1982 Temple University School of Law, JD, 1990 Certificate in HR, Cornell University ILR School, 2006