Employment Law/Pay stubs.

Question
Is it illegal to hand out pay stubs unfolded and not in an envelope were it can be seen by anybody? Has all my information regarding health insurance, life insurance and other benefits. Plus my pay rate.

Answer
Pay stubs are not a protected category. Pay amounts and insurance amounts are not protected. Unless it has your social security number on it or your personal bank account number it is not protected. If it has your social Security number or personal banking information it should be in a sealed envelope. This information is protected.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR