Employment Law/Mileage reimbursment

Question
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer for me.

I am a field service technician and start my day of work from my house at 8am and end my day of work at my house.

During the course of the day I travel alot of miles in my vehicle.

My company makes me deduct mileage to and from my office which is 33 miles away so a total of 66 miles.  

Is there any law in mass that would point towards not having to deduct this mileage since I start my work from my house. ?
Or is it correct they can make me deduct this every day.

Thank you so much for your help.

Answer
Actually they are probably doing that because it is easy for them and the same every month. The correct mileage to deduct would be the miles to your first job. The miles to your first job are counted as commuting to work. So if you do not go into your office and go directly from home to your first job those miles would not count and would be deducted. The miles home after your last job are also commuter miles and would not count.

Shirldy

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR