Employment Law/Collections

Question
May I leave information with a receptionist where a non-paying customer of ours works - stating that he has not paid his bill and that we are filing a lien on his home property?  This particular customer has not responded to our phone calls, letters, etc.

Note:  He is a practicing doctor.

Answer
You can leave a sealed message in an envelope not telling what is in it to the receptionist. This will not count as a service on the person but he might get the note, especially if you do not put your return address on the front of the envelope. Use a plain envelope and put the return on the letter inside. Write Confidential on the front of the envelope.

Tell the receptionist that it is important information that he needs to have and to make sure it gets to him.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR