Employment Law/My company stopped deducting my 401k contributions from my pay check

Question
About a month ago, my company started processing payroll in house (it was previously processed through a payroll company). At this time, they stopped taking 401k contributions from my pay check. I've asked several times when this will be corrected and never get a clear answer. In the mean time, I'm missing out on employer matches and my taxes are being affected. How can I hold my company accountable for their mistake and ensure they will resume 401k deductions?

Answer
You need to get this straightened out with Payroll.  They need to get it set up again.  if you want to catch up they need to figure out what was missed and you will have to add that extra on the next few pay checks so it can be matched  When they set up your payroll they did not set up the 401K deduction for you in the computer.  Go to Payroll and get them to fix it
.Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR