Employment Law/pay


I work for a big beverage company lately I have been getting shorted my on call pay, I have complained to my boss that does the payroll, but he never seems to correct the problem, been going on for years like this. I am not the only employee either. seems like a joke to them, they have been shorting people ot! Is there some organization I can call to straighten this out, or am I just wasting my time? I am so frustrated and sick of it!

You have the right to call the Department of Labor and file a complaint for unpaid wages. You should be paid for all the time you work.

Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth
Wage & Hour Division
7150 Harris Drive, Box 30476
Lansing, MI 48909-7976
Phone: (517) 322-1825
Web Address: http://www.michigan.gov/dleg/0,1607,7-154-27673---,00.html
Agency Description/Mission: The Wage & Hour Division investigates complaints alleging non-payment of wages and fringe benefits, state minimum wage, overtime, equal pay, and prevailing wage disputes; and monitors youth employment standards including hours of work, and safe, non-hazardous working conditions. The division also educates employers and employees in the areas covered by these labor standards.


Employment Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR


I can answer questions about payroll laws and payroll tax laws and Human Resource laws and agencies. I can answer federal payroll and human resource law questions and most states; I do not have a knowledge of the local taxes for cities and counties within the state. If and when I can I will try and send you the website where you can reference the answer and where you can obtain more information as well as a contact number if needed for that particular agency. Some agencies I have worked with are IRS, Department of Labor (federal and state), Revenue Canada (and provincial governments), Inland Revenue, OSHA (0ccupational Safety and Health Administration); Social Security Administration and National Child Support as well as other agencies in Payroll and Human Resources. Some Laws I am particularly familiar with are FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act), FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act ) , QDRO's, QMCSO's, and other support orders and garnishments, USERRA (Uniformed Services Employment and Remployment Rights Act,PPA Act (Pension Protection Act of 2006, As well as most other employment type acts. I am also well versed in the Title V Civil Rights Act and the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).


30 years in Payroll and Human Resources

SHRM (Society of Human Resources) APA (American Payroll Association) DOLEA (Department of Labor Employers Association) CPA (Canadian Payroll Association) NAPW (National Association of Professional Women) The Mentoring Network

PHR Certification in Human Resources CPP Certification in Payroll in U.S. Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor certification in Canada

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]