Employment Law/pay

Question
I work for a big beverage company lately I have been getting shorted my on call pay, I have complained to my boss that does the payroll, but he never seems to correct the problem, been going on for years like this. I am not the only employee either. seems like a joke to them, they have been shorting people ot! Is there some organization I can call to straighten this out, or am I just wasting my time? I am so frustrated and sick of it!

Answer
You have the right to call the Department of Labor and file a complaint for unpaid wages. You should be paid for all the time you work.

Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth
Wage & Hour Division
7150 Harris Drive, Box 30476
Lansing, MI 48909-7976
Phone: (517) 322-1825
Web Address: http://www.michigan.gov/dleg/0,1607,7-154-27673---,00.html
Agency Description/Mission: The Wage & Hour Division investigates complaints alleging non-payment of wages and fringe benefits, state minimum wage, overtime, equal pay, and prevailing wage disputes; and monitors youth employment standards including hours of work, and safe, non-hazardous working conditions. The division also educates employers and employees in the areas covered by these labor standards.

Shirley

Employment Law

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR