Employment Law/Surrender of Educational Certificates

Question
Dear Sir,
I have been working in pvt. company since 7 months, for which I had to surrender my Educational certificates with a period of 2 years bond. I have surrendered my certificates but I didn't signed the bond.
Now, I have been facing problems with my employer, so I had resigned last month, but they didn't accepted my resignation and now they are forcing me to sign the bond.

I don't want to continue in this company anymore by spoiling my future.

Please help me in this regard.

Thank you,

R. Jaya Krishna

Answer
Dear Krishna,

Hope you're doing fine.

There is no law stating such a matter therefore it can't be categorized at 'illegal'. It's absolutely based on mutual understanding between employer and employee. You agreed to work for two years on condition of a bond therefore you submitted your original documents too but at that time you didn't sign service bond. Now you have resigned they still have right to get a bond signed from you based on yours original understanding at the time of joining this Organisation.

Signing or not signing a bond is your take but you can still ask for your employer to return your original documents. It's up to him to relieve you after seven months of your tenure with them and return your documents or ask you to sign a bond for further thirteen months.

warm regards,

Employment Law

Umesh Chaudhary