Employment Law/Background checks

Hello and thank you for this great service.
I have a situation and a few questions. I would be very grateful if I could receive some answers.
Situation: I made a mistake 10 years ago and applied to a university in the east coast with a fake diploma and transcripts that allowed me to be accepted in a prestigious university. After a semester, I left the university after they were tipped about my wrong-doing. I immediately moved back to California and found a teaching job. I applied using my real credentials(from another less known and less prestigious university). I was truthful about everything except for that semester an the fact of being expelled. Recently I discovered that they was a bench warrant related to that application with a fake diploma(I was returning from abroad and at the airport the officer asked me to follow him and they released me after they said it was a non extraditing warrant).
1. This warrant is 10 years old, if I take care of it and my employer is called by the D.A from the court back east will they have the right to fire me.
2. If I go to court and get some plea bargain, will this old problem show on a live scan in California(employers in California cannot look back more than seven years from what I read).
3. If the case is dismissed say after a year will it show in a California background check, even if the case itself is very old?
Thank you very much.

Hello Yael,

Remember my response is intended to be educational and informational purposes only. I'm not an attorney nor is this response legal advice. Please review my specific disclaimer;

Unfortunately, your question is beyond the scope of my employee rights knowledge.
However, if this were my situation I'd seek counsel from a criminal law attorney.

I hope that helps.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance

Learn to Stop The Workplace Bully

Yancey Thomas Jr, Employee Rights Mediator,
Coach,Trainer,Advocate,Internet Business Presence Consultant  

Employment Law

Yancey Thomas Jr

General employee rights relating to ADAAA,FMLA,Employee Performance Reviews,Sexual Harassment,Workplace Discrimination,Job Interviews,Workplace Violence,Workplace Privacy,wrongful termination,drug tests Non Answers COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act),USERRA,OSHA,Workers' Compensation,Federal Unemployment Tax Act,Equal Pay Act,The Wagner Act,EEOC,NLRB

16 years as an employee rights educator, coach, trainer, activist and advocate. Several of my websites and blogs,, and rank highly in all four major search engines, Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask for the keyword “basic employee rights”, “employee workplace rights” and “employee rights guide”. The websites also rank on the first page of the search engines for various other keywords related employee rights topics. These unique site receive 20,000+ unique (new) visitors monthly from all over the world.

Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 trained in mediator/neutral specializing in conflict resolution of general civil, business and employment issues. Also certified in mediation including the Alliance for education in dispute resolution and Cornell University.