Endocrinology (including Diabetes)/Thyroid blood test results

Question
Hello, I am a 17 year old male.
I have rapidly gained more than 40 pounds over the last one year, even though my appetite has roughly been the same. So, I decided to get my thyroid profile checked, also because a lot of people have told me that my thyroid gland (basically the neck) looks weird. I do not see any reason behind this sudden weight gain besides abnormal thyroid. I have tried losing by working out and going on diets, but nothing works. I constantly feel tired and exhausted. My face looks terribly swollen. Also, I have been a vegetarian for 6 years.
The weight makes me feel really embarrassed and helpless.

Height - 5 feet 10 inches
Initial weight - 110 lbs
Current weight - 160 lbs

Here are my results;

--
Thyroid Profile, Free, Serum (CMIA)
(Test done on an empty stomach at 9 am in the morning)

T3, Free; FT3 - 3.71 pg/mL
T4, Free; FT4 - 1.23 ng/dL
TSH, Ultrasensitive - 2.260 uIU/mL
--

Thank you in advance.

Answer
Manan,
  I am not a medical doctor or a thyroid expert.  However, it is definitely not normal to gain as much weight as you did in a year, even though you were underweight to start with.  From what I can tell, your thyroid levels are in a normal range, but it is still possible to have symptoms.  You may want to check out www.stopthethyroidmadness.com to see if you get any ideas.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Sheri

Endocrinology (including Diabetes)

Sheri Colberg, PhD