Endocrinology (including Diabetes)/Lower leg neuropathy + artery disease

Question
Hello Sheri,

My question doesn't necessarily relate to Diabetes as I have been tested repeatedly and they all come back negative.  I am, however, experiencing symptoms common to diabetics, specifically bilateral lower leg neuropathy due to poor circulation.  Specifically peripheral artery disease.  

I should also mention that 2 yrs ago I experienced a heart attack and subsequently had to have triple bypass surgery.  It was at that time I learned I had peripheral artery disease.  Ironically, just a few months earlier I began to experience edema and venous ulcers in both lower legs.  

I have been to doctors, wound care clinics, and the ER a number of times and each time I get the same answers;  lose weight, and keep applying compression wraps or stockings to reduce the edema.  Well I'm working on the weight loss, but due to poor flexibility I am unable to apply wraps or hose.  It is very difficult for the most limber person.  I live alone so I have no one here to help with this.  And I do not know anyone to ask for help doing this on a daily basis.  

My question for you is;  do you have any knowledge of any other treatment, technique, or remedy to reverse or at least improve neuropathy, or artery disease?  I have heard of an alternative treatment called Chelation Therapy that is supposed to help diabetics, but after doing a little research on it I found that it can deplete the body of essential minerals/nutrients.  Do you have any knowledge of this?  My legs burn and ache constantly and it is contributing to insomnia.  It is difficult to walk as each step is very painful.  I am at a loss about what to do.  Doctors have not been much help, and I have no insurance, nor am I eligible for Medicaid, so I can't afford to be admitted to the hospital.  Do you have any suggestions?  

Thank you,
Gary

Answer
Gary,
  The only treatment that I know of that may help with neuropathy is called NutriNerve (http://www.neuroeffex.com), which was formulated by a medical doctor who is a research colleague of mine.  I have no idea if it can help with PAD, but it is possible since it contains some strong natural antioxidants.  Some pain caused by PAD can get better when you exercise regularly, taking as many steps as you can even if there is some pain when you do that.  I think there are also some assistive devices that help people put on socks/shoes that you may be able to find to help with pulling on compression socks.  Since you had bypass surgery, they took some veins out of your leg to replace your blocked arteries, which just adds to the problems in your legs.  Sheri

Endocrinology (including Diabetes)

Sheri Colberg, PhD