Endocrinology (including Diabetes)/Is this true or just a hoax?

Question
A woman (65) was diabetic for the last 20+ years
and
was taking insulin
twice a day.
She used the enclosed homemade medicine for a fortnight and
now she is absolutely free of diabetes and taking all her food as normal
including sweets.

The doctors have advised her to stop insulin and any other blood sugar controlling drugs.
I request you all please circulate the email below to as many people as you
can and let them take maximum benefit from it.

AS RECEIVED :
DR. TONY ALMEIDA
( Bombay Kidney Speciality expert )
made the extensive experiments with perseverance and patience and discovered a
successful treatment for diabetes.
Now a days a lot of people, old men &
women in particular suffer a lot due to Diabetes.

Ingredients:
1 - Wheat 100 gm
2 - Gum(of tree) (gondh) 100 gm
3 - Barley 100 gm
4 - Black Seeds (kalunji) 100 gm

Method of Preparation :
Put all the above ingredients in 5 cups of water.
Boil it for 10 minutes and put off the fire.
Allow it to cool down by itself.
When it has become cold, filter out the
seeds and preserve water in a glass jug or bottle.

How to use it?
Take one small cup of this water every day early morning when your stomach is empty.
Continue this for 7 days.Next week repeat the same but on alternate days. With these 2 weeks of
treatment you will wonder to see that you have become normal and can eat
normal food without problem.

Answer
Shahid,
  If the woman has type 2 diabetes and still makes some of her own insulin, it may be possible to reduce the dose or just take other medications that enhance insulin action, etc., and have enough insulin that works well enough to cover her needs.  Usually, cutting down on or cutting out insulin requires some dramatic lifestyle changes and/or significant weight loss.  There are quite a few cases of people who have had bariatric surgery and had a complete diabetes remission (at least for a few years).  There is no scientific evidence that I know of that would back up why Dr. Almeida's treatment would work, though.  I doubt it seriously.  I've seen a lot of diabetes "cures" circulating around the Internet over the years, and none of them works.  Sheri

Endocrinology (including Diabetes)

Sheri Colberg, PhD