Endocrinology (including Diabetes)/Clearish Urine

Question
I'm a 17 year old male. For the past week or so, my urine has been mostly clear; there has been a time or two when it was pretty yellow. Most of the time, though, it is mostly clear when I see it coming out and then afterwards the water in the toilet is slightly more yellow than it was before. Is this a warning sign of Diabetes or another glucose related problem?

Also, I'm not sure if this changes things but my cross country season just ended, which required me to drink somewhat more water than I currently do.

Answer
Patrick,
  When you're drinking plenty of fluids, your urine will be mostly clear.  The more you drink, the clearer it is.  Excessive urination is only a symptom of diabetes when it's accompanied by feeling extremely thirsty all the time (almost unquenchable thirst) and feeling like eating constantly.  It's unlikely you have a glucose-related problem just from urinating clear urine.  Sheri

Endocrinology (including Diabetes)

Sheri Colberg, PhD