Endometriosis/How long does it take to develop endo

Cheryl Fisher wrote at 2008-01-30 17:42:58
Hi Katie,

Endometriosis can be a scary and debilitating condition.  Both physically and emotionally.  I suffer from the same for 20 years.  In the same position as Martha, not able to tolerate BC, I did know where to turn.  As an alternative, I sought treatment in eastern medicine.  I went to an Acupuncturist (who is also an herbalist), and use Maya Abdominal Massage and various other modalities.  I learned some things that I already knew, that endometriosis is an estrogen based condition (I no longer call it a disease).  So there are nutritional components to taking care of yourself.  I have also found that my emotional state is a contributing factor.  I would say that if western medicine is not relieving your symptoms, try a different approach.  What works for me may not work for you but there are others available that may offer better results for you.  I have gone from spending 8 days a month on percocet to 2 or less advil a month.  There is a possibility of relief without a hysterectomy (which does not always resolve the problem).  

Best of luck and blessings for healing.

Cheryl

Team Hysterectomy wrote at 2012-12-29 03:58:36
I had a tubal a year ago and just had a hysterectomy a week ago.  My ob swears that he did not see the endometriosis in me when he did my tubal or he would of done a hystrectomy right there and then.  For a years I have suffered but the painful intercoarse only came after my last child.  I had a hysterecotmy because I could not stop bleeding.  When the doctor opened me up I had severe endometriosis wrapped aroud my intestines,kidneys,blADDER, and ovaries.  So if you get your answer I would like to know too.

Endometriosis

Martha Russell