Endometriosis/Sciatic Endo

Holly wrote at 2008-07-25 11:52:36
Hi Georgina And Lori--

I have been suffering from chromic leg, hip and buttock pain on my right side for about two years now.  The pain cycles with my menstral cycle.  When my period starts, the pain starts and lasts about two weeks (sometimes three).  The week before my period, I am totally pain free and like a new woman!  Then the cycle starts all over again.  Over time the pain as increased and is now at horrific levels that have even led me to the emergergency room.  I am currently on Gabapentin (a nerve pain medication) and Oxycodone for pain, both from my Physiatrist at a Pain Management and Spine Center.  He is working together with my Gynecologist, and their current theory is Extrapelvic Endometiosis of the Sciatic Nerve or Piriformis Muscle.  An MRI showed a great deal of damage and scar tissue on my piriformis muscle (a muscle deep in your butt that your sciatic nerve runs along.) I am now on an extended cycle birth control pill, one where you only have a period once every 3 months, to see if not having a period will help the pain.  My husband and I had been trying to have a baby for a couple of years and were faced with my infertility, probably because of endometriosis.  The prospect of inducing menopause to control my pain has been suggested and is a little heartbreaking since I am only 31 and have no children.  I am looking for a specialist that knows more about sciatic endometriosis.

Rhonda wrote at 2013-09-01 12:03:13
It can be endometriosis.  i found a doctor in California, New York, and Georgia that agrees. It is Dr, cook, Dr Seckin, and I forget the one in Georgia.  But they are called Endometriosis surgeons.  They call the pain in the leg sciatic Endometriosis.

The endometriosis is on the sciatic nerve.  I hope this helps.  Right now I am in the process of contacting them.  Hopefully I will get some help also!  God Bless you as you search for answers!

Endometriosis

Lori J. Watkins