Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)/Dewey County, OK Activity

Question
Hi!  I own portion of some mineral rights in Dewey County, Oklahoma, Section 8, Township 17N, Range 16W.  I was wondering if there was any activity in/near that area and the likelihood of there being some in the near future.  I have had the rights leased out for a little over a year but do not live in that state so it is difficult to know what is going on there.  I just stumbled upon this website and it is great!!  Thank you so much for your time and help!! :)

Debbie

Answer
I took a quick look and saw no permit to drill a well in your section, however there is a well planned in adjacent section 18-17N-16W. I do not believe it's been drilled yet however.

Looks like your lease might be up for renewal in 2013, and since Chesapeake was doing some leasing in the section this year (I checked; they were) I'd say there's a decent chance of you being able to lease these again when your current lease expires, assuming no well is drilled before then (in which case your current lease would be extended automatically.)

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission (the regulatory body for oil and gas in Oklahoma) has a wealth of information available online relating to oil and gas activity and production in Oklahoma. You can look up such things as drilling permits, recent production information, well completion reports, forced-pooling orders, and anything else that falls under their jurisdiction.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)

Frederick M. Scott