Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)/Plugged well

Hello, I have a well on my property in NY and the company plugged the gas well.I would like to to reopen the well. It was still producing about 2.2 million cf of gas. Would this be a good investment and what are the cost involved to get this up and running to heat my house?

If that well is(was) producing 2.2 million cf of gas PER DAY(need to know if per day, month, year??) and if its per day, no one would plug it.  Perhaps they just "shut it in"?  If the well is in the Marcellus its very deep and high pressure so any procedure on this well should be left to the experts.  No idea on the cost.  I need better info to give a better answer.

Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)

Charles E. Felker

Energy questions related to homeowners and their energy supplier. Questions related to process control. HVAC questions Natural gas transmission, distribution.

Penn State grad 1954 in Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering. Forty five years experience in process control, natural gas processing, compression, transmission and distribution

BS Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering Pennsylvania State University