Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)/oil/natural gas royalty payment

Question
I have a oil/natural gas lease with Kenyon Energy L.L.C.  I live in Rumley Township, Harrison County, Ohio.  There is a oil/natural gas well (Fracking) exactly .5 miles from my residence.  Numerous other well in the area.  Do I receive royalties from this well?  What is the distance in which we receive payments?  Also, when are they required to pay landowners?  Thank you for your time and consideration!

Answer
Do you own the mineral rights within the spacing unit of one of these wells? If so, then yes, you will be paid royalty according to the terms of your lease. A company usually has six months or so to begin paying royalties on any well drilled but this differs by state law so you may want to check Ohio's.

If you're not sure you're in one of those units I'd call your lessee and ask them. They should be able to tell you.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)

Frederick M. Scott