Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)/Blaine County, Montana

I currently have 1600 acres if mineral rights in Blaine County Montana. I am looking to sell, what would be the best way to go about selling? Currently I leased it to Lone Wolf Energy whom didnt pay me very well and I am stuck in the lease for another 3 years. Can I sell if the mineral rights are currently leased ?

Yes, you can sell them even if they are leased. If sold, the lease would simply apply to the new owner rather than you, and the new owner would then of course receive any royalties attributable to the lease. If no well is drilled prior to lease expiration then of course the owner would receive nothing from that lease.

If you'd like to see what these may be worth to buyers my suggestion would be to let me market them for you on the Mineral Hub (link below.) We really have a lot of buyers looking at our postings EVERY day and if there's anyone interested in buying these it's likely they'll see them there and make an offer. If you have a price in mind you'd like to receive then of course you can include it in your listing on the Sell Mineral Rights page of the Mineral Hub.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written articles of interest to mineral rights owners which have appeared in various industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and land and title work over the past ten years, and have also worked as a professional landman. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)