Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)/Mineral rights leasing Washita County

QUESTION: Hello Fredrick,

I own mineral rights in Washita County.  Can you tell me if there is any interest in the area right now for leasing?

Thanks Jim

ANSWER: The northern part of Washita County is really the only area where there is a lot of current leasing activity. Anything in 10N or 11N would be considered the northern part of the county. There is also some leasing further south in 9N-14W and 8N-14W (eastern part of county) but that's about it currently.

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission (the regulatory body for oil and gas in Oklahoma) has a wealth of information available online relating to oil and gas activity and production in Oklahoma. You can look up such things as drilling permits, recent production information, well completion reports, forced-pooling orders, and anything else that falls under their jurisdiction.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub

QUESTION: Thank you Fredrick for your reply.  We are 33-9N-15W‏, is this somewhat close to the areas you are mentioning?

Thanks Jim

9N 15W Township is next to 9N-14W and 8N-14W that I mentioned in my previous answer. Each Township is six miles square, so the lease I mentioned could be as far as 9 or 10 miles from you. Still, not too terribly far away from recent leasing activity. Likely you will be contacted is someone wishes to lease your mineral rights.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written articles of interest to mineral rights owners which have appeared in various industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and land and title work over the past ten years, and have also worked as a professional landman. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)