Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)/Sale of mineral rights

Question
I have 32.5 non participating mineral rights in Reeves county, TX and an offer of 4500.00 per acre in section 6, 7,8 and 9 block c-21. Good offer or not and is ther drilling activity in these sections?

Answer
Hello Michael. My mineral buying friends tell me that's a pretty fair offer. Whether you want to sell is another matter.   While there is not a great deal of activity in that area there is a permitted location on Section 5.  There is also a permitted location for a horizontal well on Section 6 that will be bottomed on Section 7.  It looks like some company is planning to drill a well there. That's good news! I don't have any other information on the permitted location.  Remember, no one would be offering you money for your minerals unless they thought that they were going to make more money than was paid.

If you want to keep with with what's going on in that area, a good place to go is the Texas Railroad Commission website's online research link.  Using the public GIS viewer you can actually look at the property and see the drilling activity going on in the area.  

Good luck Michael and let me know if you have any further questions.  

Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)

David B. McCall