Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)/SW/4 SW/4 Lot 8 (S/2 SW/4) Sect 24 T9N R1W 82.5 Acres

My grandmother earned substantial income off this property through oil and gas lease with Koch and Mathews. Those leases expired and nothing has been renewed or farmed for years.  My grandmother deceased and the property went to her six children. My mother is requesting that I travel to Oklahoma to find this property and see what's going on with it. Any guidance?

No production in this section since 2002 that I can see. The Shari Lynn well was plugged in 2002. It was operated by Mathews Exploration. Several dry holes have been drilled in this section over the years, so that's not really a good sign of things to come I wouldn't think.

Also, no permits for new wells have been issued in this or the surrounding nine sections in the past three years, though a couple of oil and gas leases were purchased in 2014, though none since then that I can see so even leasing activity is relatively non existent in this section currently.

If you want to make a "road trip" to Oklahoma to see what's going on here you can, but it would be a wasted trip I think. You can verify most of what I'm telling you online yourself by going to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website.

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission is the oil and gas regulatory body for the state of Oklahoma, and on their website you can find a wealth of information about what's going on in the area where your mineral rights are located. You can search for production, completion reports, pooling orders and applications, and other things that the Commission regulates. You can search their oil and gas database from THIS page.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL  

Energy Industry (Oil & Gas)

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written articles of interest to mineral rights owners which have appeared in various industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and land and title work over the past ten years, and have also worked as a professional landman. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)