English Culture/popping

What does the gerund "popping" mean, as in "I wanted to see how you were popping along."?

Never heard it put like that.

''I'm Popping over to the shops'' as in ''I'm Going to the shops'' is one I hear commonly used.
It could be a regional slang as you have it.
Also common in youth culture of the 90s is ''Popping a pill'' is another as in ''I'm going to a rave and popping a extacy pill''.

English Culture

Benjamin Yisrael

I've volunteered to answer questions on English culture, particualy english folk customs & dance but have a vast hands on knowlage of many subgects. I volunteered in this field as I noticed no other volunteers.

I'm a second Generation Morris Dancer (English folk dance)in the North West clog Morris Tradition. I've been present at every single Rush Bering festival since the re founding. I've also played in a Unionist (orange order) marching flute band based in Liverpool though I'm no longer involved in this. However I can answer questions on Orange Order history in England (not Ireland or Scotland) I'm also an Antiques & Art dealer.

Mossley Morris Men Church of Scientology Manchester Chabad Lubavich Manchester Revolutionry Communist Group RAMP

Big Issue, Manchester Evening News, Lewis Life, Oldham Chronical

I have a degree in Social History & a degree in Jewish Theology I speak & read German , English & Hebrew.