English as a Second Language/2 questions

Hello Shannon.
Thank you very much for your kind helps. They really works!

1. Can you please tell me what does "let alone to grapple with" mean here? He has difficulties in finding blah blah and....?

It's hard finding the space and time to make work, let alone to grapple with the things you're trying to say as an artist.

2. What is the point of the writter? making art is what???

I realized that making art is not as much about what you're doing as what you're not doing

1. It's hard to find the time and space to work {and it is even more difficult to find the time to struggle with} the things you want to say as an artist.

2. The process of making art involves the things that you don't do {to a greater extent/more than} the things that you are doing/creating.

English as a Second Language

Shannon Cole

I can answer questions related to learning the English and Spanish language.

I have taught ESL and Spanish since 1998 at the university and middle school levels. I am a native of the U.S., and have taught in both the U.S. and Mexico.

I am owner and operator of www.coleinstitute.com, an online language school.

Georgia TESOL in Action (1999)

B.A. in Spanish; M.Ed. in Language Education

I have clients worldwide, some who want their documents proofread, and others who take lessons with me through the Internet. Some work at high-profile companies and government organizations. Besides the U.S. and Mexico, my recent students come from South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey, Colombia, Russia, Italy, Paraguay, China, Japan, the Philippines, and Saudi Arabia.