English as a Second Language/2 questions

Hi Shannon.
Thanks for the helps.

1. my problem is "to live an idea". What does it mean? realizing an idea? make it real? Or living with the obsession of an idea?

2. What is this (lord of the space, atom of the space)?
I guess whether it is very big or whether too stall. Am I right?

Even the initial two-meter diameter artwork indicates to the person seated within the capsule how, in order to live an idea, the artwork becomes, in and of itself, its sole support. The small building (lord of the space, atom of the space) supports itself in space; on its own, it creates its own interior by way of being the measure of anthropological space, and on its own, it creates its exterior. It creates exterior space by the fact that it is the measure of an interior space.

1. In this case, an abstract becomes a reality.  A person not only imagines what the central idea of the artwork is, but rather actually experiences it.  So, that is the meaning in this case.  Living an idea means experiencing a concept in real life.

2. This is a very unusual way to express the small building.  My guess is the same as yours, that it is both very big and very small at the same time.  But I think there is more to it than that.  "Lord" means "ruler" or "king" and "atom" is the fundamental building block of the space.  So perhaps he means that the small building both controls the space and is also the fundamental building block of the space.  

English as a Second Language

Shannon Cole

I can answer questions related to learning the English and Spanish language.

I have taught ESL and Spanish since 1998 at the university and middle school levels. I am a native of the U.S., and have taught in both the U.S. and Mexico.

I am owner and operator of www.coleinstitute.com, an online language school.

Georgia TESOL in Action (1999)

B.A. in Spanish; M.Ed. in Language Education

I have clients worldwide, some who want their documents proofread, and others who take lessons with me through the Internet. Some work at high-profile companies and government organizations. Besides the U.S. and Mexico, my recent students come from South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey, Colombia, Russia, Italy, Paraguay, China, Japan, the Philippines, and Saudi Arabia.