English as a Second Language/english

hello please help,

can we ask " do i know you from before"  in sense of have we met before .. if no ! what can we use instead ?

"Do I know you (from somewhere)?"

"Have we met before?"

I think in the first one both persons who are talking to dont know each other and it's just a question of acquaintance, but in the second one one of them knows the other one, but pretends not to know. This can be a scenario and is usually in the sense of a joke.

"Don't I know you" can also be used. 'Have we met before' is also a good usage.

Both could be used in a tone of voice that suggests showing a cold shoulder. Equally, both could be said in a tone of voice that indicates interest in beginning or renewing an acquaintanceship.

It depends on the:
1. Situation
2. Person you are interacting with.  

English as a Second Language

Avani Bhatnagar

I can answer questions pertaining to grammar, reading, writing, comprehension. I could also contribute to simple things like helping the students with a word and its meaning, explaining simple and basic grammar rules.

I have worked with some proofreading agencies. I have also written for a few Indian magazines and dailies. I have worked as a freelance journalist in the past. As a teacher, I continue to help students on a part-time basis. I am involved with teaching and guiding students on IELTS and TOEFL. I used to work as an Instructional Designer with NIIT. I have also worked as an English and Communication skill expert with various organisations like IBM, NIIT, Perot, Dell, Learning Touch, Job Express.

IBM, Perot, Corporate Gurukul, Vertex , Altametrics, Learning Touch, Job Express .

A few publications where my articles have been published are Champak which is a children's magazine, The Outlook, Dainik Jagran and JIMS News.

I have completed my BA with English . I am also a graduate in Journalism and Mas Communication. I have also completed my PG in Mass Communication.

I scored the highest marks in my graduation and topped the university with 94 percent. I have won various elocutions and debates. My writings have been published in Outlook , Dainik Jagran, JIMS News, etc.

IBM, Perot, Infosys, Corporate Gurukul, Vertex , Altametrics, Learning Touch, Job Express .