English as a Second Language/Grammar

Question
I had written following sentence to my fund manager for mutual funds. I will give you background as well. I have been asking my fund manager several times to invest my money and purchase a fund in my name but he was delaying it and not informing me. Can you please tell me what is the grammatical mistakes in this sentence?

"There is no reason for me to believe that my amount has been invested in the funds yet"

Answer
Grammatically, it is fine.  I would probably change "my amount" to "my money."  Amount is used when we are speaking of a total.  Otherwise, we could change the sentence to say, "There is no reason for me to believe that any amount of my money has yet been invested in the funds."  (I also wanted to show that you can be flexible with the word "yet," by moving it between the helping and main verb.

Shannon Cole
www.coleinstitute.com

English as a Second Language

Shannon Cole