English as a Second Language/question

Hello Shannon.
Your answers are always excellent and solve overwhelming majority of my problems.
Thanks for that.

Can you please tell me what is the meaning of "hovers" and "you are out" here? He is saying language can be sometimes unclear.
out = walking in this realm?

Language doesn't always have to lead you somewhere. It can be a labyrinth. That's the same realm in which art hovers a place in which literal meaning is up for grabs, where you are out into the stratosphere of feeling, memory, and association.

He is comparing art and language to the same area of human experience.  "Hover" means to float in the air above something.   "You are out into the stratosphere" means you are so far in the air, you are nearing the edge of outer space, leaving planet earth.   He is comparing the journey of art and language to a journey into the sky.  The sky in this case representing the endless possibilities of expression of feeling, memory and association both in language and in art.

English as a Second Language

Shannon Cole

I can answer questions related to learning the English and Spanish language.

I have taught ESL and Spanish since 1998 at the university and middle school levels. I am a native of the U.S., and have taught in both the U.S. and Mexico.

I am owner and operator of www.coleinstitute.com, an online language school.

Georgia TESOL in Action (1999)

B.A. in Spanish; M.Ed. in Language Education

I have clients worldwide, some who want their documents proofread, and others who take lessons with me through the Internet. Some work at high-profile companies and government organizations. Besides the U.S. and Mexico, my recent students come from South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey, Colombia, Russia, Italy, Paraguay, China, Japan, the Philippines, and Saudi Arabia.