English as a Second Language/Grammar Help

1. If your students produce the following sentences, how will you make them aware of their errors, and what exercises and activities will you provide to correct the errors?
a. *If I were an American, I were speaking better English.
b. *What happens if I pushed this button?
c. Why had some Americans said, “Gesundheit,” if someone sneezes?
d. *Only if you help me, I will study for the quiz.

All the above sentences refer to Tenses and are incorrect.

You could use a simple concept known as Timeline to explain to your students the usage of Tenses and their forms.

You could refer to books or use internet for a number of interesting activities, games and exercises for Tenses, depending on the age group you are catering to.

English as a Second Language

Avani Bhatnagar

I can answer questions pertaining to grammar, reading, writing, comprehension. I could also contribute to simple things like helping the students with a word and its meaning, explaining simple and basic grammar rules.

I have worked with some proofreading agencies. I have also written for a few Indian magazines and dailies. I have worked as a freelance journalist in the past. As a teacher, I continue to help students on a part-time basis. I am involved with teaching and guiding students on IELTS and TOEFL. I used to work as an Instructional Designer with NIIT. I have also worked as an English and Communication skill expert with various organisations like IBM, NIIT, Perot, Dell, Learning Touch, Job Express.

IBM, Perot, Corporate Gurukul, Vertex , Altametrics, Learning Touch, Job Express .

A few publications where my articles have been published are Champak which is a children's magazine, The Outlook, Dainik Jagran and JIMS News.

I have completed my BA with English . I am also a graduate in Journalism and Mas Communication. I have also completed my PG in Mass Communication.

I scored the highest marks in my graduation and topped the university with 94 percent. I have won various elocutions and debates. My writings have been published in Outlook , Dainik Jagran, JIMS News, etc.

IBM, Perot, Infosys, Corporate Gurukul, Vertex , Altametrics, Learning Touch, Job Express .