English as a Second Language/Opposite of "Where there's smoke, there's fire"

Question
Hello,

I want to know if there is some idiom in English that can be considered as an opposite or conveys the opposite meaning of "where there's smoke, there's fire". As I understand the meaning of this idiom, it is that when there is an indication or sign of something bad, usually the indication is correct. So is there any fancy way, like an idiom, a famous saying or whatever, to suggest that its not always the case that if something gives an indication of being bad, it actually is bad. Off course I can explain it like this or even more elaborately but I was hoping for a one liner to nullify effect of this idiom.

Thanks

Answer
It's hard to think of idioms on the spur of the moment.   The closest thing I can come up with this morning is, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."  In other words, when you get a lot of bad events in your life, try to make the best of them and turn the results into something positive.

"Crying wolf" makes reference to Aesop's fable of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf."  If you cry wolf, it means you are asking for help when you don't need it.  There is also the idiom "the sky is falling" which comes from the folk story, "Chicken Little" (called "Henny Penny" in other English-speaking cultures).  If someone says the sky is falling, they may be hysterical and he or she believes that some disaster is about to happen.

English as a Second Language

Shannon Cole