English as a Second Language/4 Questions

Walter Zimmerman wrote at 2013-09-27 23:50:20
I'm thrilled that you took the time and effort to ask for clarity on this writing about my art work.  I think that the answers already provided are fine, and illuminating.  I just wanted to comment on my use of the term 'subverbal'.  By this term, I meant that level of knowing or instinct that can be in operation before I've discovered the words to describe what I've been doing.  When I work, it's often my hands that do the 'thinking'; my brain trags along,, trying to keep up.  I hope this is helpful.  

English as a Second Language

Shannon Cole

I can answer questions related to learning the English and Spanish language.

I have taught ESL and Spanish since 1998 at the university and middle school levels. I am a native of the U.S., and have taught in both the U.S. and Mexico.

I am owner and operator of www.coleinstitute.com, an online language school.

Georgia TESOL in Action (1999)

B.A. in Spanish; M.Ed. in Language Education

I have clients worldwide, some who want their documents proofread, and others who take lessons with me through the Internet. Some work at high-profile companies and government organizations. Besides the U.S. and Mexico, my recent students come from South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey, Colombia, Russia, Italy, Paraguay, China, Japan, the Philippines, and Saudi Arabia.