English as a Second Language/Different

Question
Dear Shannon,

Sentence meaning:
What is the meaning of "good school leaving qualifications"? It is hard to me to understand it.

Definite article
".... I also feel very happy when I go to the park and look at the green trees, beautiful flowers and people who weem happy there."

Can I omit "the" before "green trees", or is it necessary?

Titles
When referring to titles of books, novels, stories... which is the correct way to say I would like to read the novel "Peace and War" or the novel of "Peace and War" and why?

Cordial gratitude!
Antoine Ghannoum

Answer
Do you have some context for the first one?

"The" makes only a slight change of meaning here, highlighting individual items found inside the park which specifically make the writer happy.

It would be: novel "War and Peace" because you are naming the novel in this case.

English as a Second Language

Shannon Cole