English as a Second Language/Different

Dear Shannon,

Sentence meaning:
What is the meaning of "good school leaving qualifications"? It is hard to me to understand it.

Definite article
".... I also feel very happy when I go to the park and look at the green trees, beautiful flowers and people who weem happy there."

Can I omit "the" before "green trees", or is it necessary?

When referring to titles of books, novels, stories... which is the correct way to say I would like to read the novel "Peace and War" or the novel of "Peace and War" and why?

Cordial gratitude!
Antoine Ghannoum

Do you have some context for the first one?

"The" makes only a slight change of meaning here, highlighting individual items found inside the park which specifically make the writer happy.

It would be: novel "War and Peace" because you are naming the novel in this case.

English as a Second Language

Shannon Cole

I can answer questions related to learning the English and Spanish language.

I have taught ESL and Spanish since 1998 at the university and middle school levels. I am a native of the U.S., and have taught in both the U.S. and Mexico.

I am owner and operator of www.coleinstitute.com, an online language school.

Georgia TESOL in Action (1999)

B.A. in Spanish; M.Ed. in Language Education

I have clients worldwide, some who want their documents proofread, and others who take lessons with me through the Internet. Some work at high-profile companies and government organizations. Besides the U.S. and Mexico, my recent students come from South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey, Colombia, Russia, Italy, Paraguay, China, Japan, the Philippines, and Saudi Arabia.