English as a Second Language/Your trick question

Question
"A woman without her man is nothing."

Without your hint, I would simply take "a woman without her man" as "a woman without a husband or boyfriend".
With your hint, I would punctuate it as "a woman, without her, man is nothing", but I am not sure.

Yet I can illustrate the importance of punctuation with another example below.
Peter said to John, "I don't know, who knows?"
John said to Peter, "I don't know who knows."

Answer
Like I said Matthew, it was a trick question, but one that makes a powerful statement.

See the link below for the possible answers.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/punctuation-is-powerful/

Not sure I see where you're going though with your example...I guess I may be missing something, but here is another thought provoking situation:

Dear Jack,
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy - will you let me be yours?
Jill

vs

Dear Jack
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men I yearn! For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,
Jill

Well, I admit, this one's about capitalization AND punctuation.

I hope you learned something interesting today :)

Best regards and looking forward to more of your questions.

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker