English as a Second Language/Question

Question
Hi Amy,
Could you please tell me which one is correct?

It is memory and anticipation that organises what is perceived, that projects beyond what is present and rescues the repetitive interruption of the ‘gaze in the batting of an eyelid'.

1.   In the blink of an eye, rescues the repetitive interruption of the gaze?
or
2.   A quick short gaze?

Many Thanks

Answer
Azad,

thank you for your question.

I'm going to have to ask you to get back to me though as I am not sure I understand what you need and I can't really speculate based only on the info you have provided.

First of all I need to know what message you're trying to convey by using either one of the 2 sentence fragments you've inquired about. Also, I have a feeling that the 2 fragments are somehow connected to the paragraph you have quoted: " It is memory and anticipation that organises what is perceived, that projects beyond what is present and rescues the repetitive interruption of the ‘gaze in the batting of an eyelid'. " Can you please clarify this for me. What is the connection between the quoted paragraph and the 2 expressions you're asking about.

1.   In the blink of an eye, rescues the repetitive interruption of the gaze
or
2.   A quick short gaze

To me, right now these are both fragments out of context so I'm not sure how to interpret them. The first one seems an elaborate poetical description of sorts (one that doesn't make much sense to be honest), while the second one (still poetic) is shorter and quite commonly found in texts/literature.

Please help me help you...

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker