English as a Second Language/Grammar

Question
Hello Sir,
There are certain questions that I would like you to answer:
1)Does my upper sentence has any grammatical mistake because I'm confused about modals.Is 'Could I help you' correct or 'Could you help me' or regular 'Can I/you help you'?
2)I want to ask if 'could','would' and 'can' are used for same purpose--request or asking for permission.
THANK YOU

Answer
Hi Apo,

I picked up your question from the question pool.

If my understanding is correct you'd like to know if there is any difference between
Could I help you? and Can I help you?
Same for Could you help me? and Can you help me?

You can use can and could interchangeably in these instances for the same purpose - request something, ask for something, ask for permission. The only difference is that 'could' is a more polite way of speaking/writing than 'can'.

I hope this helps.
please feel free to follow up if you still need further clarifications.

Best regards,

Amy Baker

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker