English as a Second Language/Writing English

Question
Hello Sir, I am an idian  and my native language is hindi. My passion in writing english and want to make the carrier so i have to learn english language completely. So suggest me what should i do for beginning? Any grammer book to start with? Is bsc. in english houners help to learn? I join a local coaching centre now for basics. Any advise regarding with english learning because i've to learn, it doesn't matter what comes may or how much time and hardwork needed for it. HELP

Answer
Hello!

Good luck learning English!

The best thing you can do is USE English every day!  Speak it.  If you can't speak it, write it!  Listening and reading is great for building your ability, but you cannot improve something unless you USE it!

My absolute favorite grammar book is English Grammar in Use.  It has very clear explanations, very basic and fundamental grammar patterns and, very useful pictures and good exercises.  I highly recommend it.

Have fun!

English as a Second Language

Brian Connelly