English as a Second Language/English Grammar

Question
Hi Amy,

I saw this line on the Russian website someone asked to translate from English to Russian: "he forget me to do it all" and you know what? They did it (translated), but for me - it doesn't make sense. Can you tell me, please, what I don't understand in this line? I believe it is just bad grammar, that's all!

Thank you, Amy!

Answer
Alex,

hi again!

'he forget me to do it all' makes no sense to me whatsoever. Those websites used for translating sentences/paragraphs have limitations. They may be ok - to some extent - for translating individual words, but when it comes to more complex structures, your chances of getting some gibberish increase.

So, unfortunately I cannot tell you what is it YOU don't understand in that phrase, but it's not a case of bad grammar. I also don't know Russian so I can't help you even if you were to provide me with the original Russian text :(

Please let me know if I can help you any further.

Best,

Amy  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker