English as a Second Language/In there

Question
Hi Amy,

 1.The ABC supermarket is on the second floor. You can buy good steak there/ in there.

2.I went to Mary's new house yesterday. It was very hot there/in there because the air-conditioners have not been delivered.

Are "there" or "in there" both correct in the above context? If they are both correct, which one is more common?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
CH

Answer
Hi CH,

thanks for your question.

1.The ABC supermarket is on the second floor. You can buy good steak there/ in there.

2.I went to Mary's new house yesterday. It was very hot there/in there because the air-conditioners have not been delivered.

All versions you have suggested above all correct. I don't think people tend to favor one over the other. "in" implies the idea of inside, closed/defined space and both the supermarket and Mary's house are closed spaces. It could be that people omit "in" in order to simplify language, but this is more of a personal speculation than a rule.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker