English as a Second Language/Could you proof-read my essay?

Question
This book is about the story of a young jewish girl,Anne frank.She was born in Germany and raised in there for a few years.Afterwards,she and her whole family moved to Amsterdam due to the World War II,since the jews were severely discriminated by the Germans then .
On April 10, 1940 the Germans entered the Netherlands.Surprisingly,the Netherlands surrendered instead of staying neutral, just like what they did during the World War I.Subsequesntly,more and more jews were murdered or sent to various concentration camps.Therefore,with the help of Miep Gies,Mr Kleiman,Mr Kugler and Bep,the frank family went into hiding in the Secret Annex,which locates in Otto Frank,anne’s father’s office.Later,Dussel and three members of the Van Daan family joined into the hiding.During the hiding,Anne spent most of her time with her diary,which was a birthday present from her father.She wrote things about her family such as her sister,Margot and her mother,Edith.She wrote about things happened in the Secret Annex such as her first kiss with Peter Van Daan,the only son of the Van Daan family and her quarrel with Mr Dussel.
On 4 August 1944,everyone in the Secret Annex were arrested by the Nazi,they were send to The Westerbork transit camp for several days.Afterwards,they were selected to the bergen belsen concentration camp.Mr Van Daan and Dussel were selected to be gased. Mrs Frank and Mrs Van Daan died of exhaustion and starving. Anne died of typhus,two days after Margot’s death,two weeks before the liberation of the camp. Peter died before two days before the liberation of the camp.Otto Frank is the only survivor in the Secret Annex.After the War,Otto Frank read Anne’s diary and decided to publish it.He established the Anne Frank Foundation on 3 May 1957, with the principal aim of saving and restoring the building, to allow it to be opened to the general public.He spent the rest of his life in promoting anti racial discrimination.He died of lung cancer on 19 August 1980 .

Since every characters in the book were real instead of being making up.This brought an interesting perspective to the story.For me,it is a story about a young gil growing up.Anne faced many problems which I have had during my adolescence such as disagreeing my mother,feeling insecure,being chatty,and struggling to become myself.I read this book twice.The first time I read this was when I was nine,I didnt quiet understand it and felt kind of bizzare.The second time I read this book is in this summer holiday,when I am seventeen.I can understand anne’s inner feeling because I have experienced some of hers.Therefore I recommend teenagers who aren’t younger than thirteen to read this book.I feel like being a friend of Anne while reading the book.Probably due to our similar age and the letter-liked format of her diary.It is like reading a letter from a pen pel.This book is so honest and it shows all the inne feelings of Anne because it was a private diary for Anne herself.
It broke my heart when I realized she had died in the concentration camp.She is innocent and she doesn’t deserve it.She died two weeks before liberation,if she could stay alive for two more weeks,she would have a bright future.Also,I feel sorry for Otto Frank.It must be horrible to live without his family.
 Anne is an optimistic girl,that makes me like her really much.She helped people to get thorogh hard times by her beliefs of hope.Just like her words, “Despite everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”
 Lastly,I think this book is so impressive and it should be continued to be read throughout generations.People should learn the importance of peace to make anne rest in peace.

thank you

Answer
Hello Veronica,

please find below the proofread version of your essay:

This book is about the story of a young Jewish girl, Anne Frank. She was born in Germany and raised there for a few years. Afterwards, because of the World War II she and her whole family moved to Amsterdam - the Jews were severely discriminated by the Germans back then.

On April 10, 1940 the Germans entered the Netherlands. Surprisingly,the Netherlands surrendered instead of staying neutral, just like they did during the First World War. Subsequently, more and more Jews were murdered or sent to various concentration camps. With the help of Miep Gies, Mr Kleiman, Mr Kugler and Bep, the Frank family went into hiding in the Secret Annex, located in Otto Frank's (Anne’s father) office. Later, Dussel and three members of the Van Daan family joined them into hiding. While hiding, Anne spent most of her time with her diary, which was a birthday present from her father. She wrote about her family: her sister, Margot and her mother, Edith, she also wrote about things that happened in the Secret Annex such as her first kiss with Peter Van Daan, the only son of the Van Daan family, and her quarrel with Mr Dussel.

On August 4, 1944,everyone in the Secret Annex were arrested by the Nazis and were sent to the Westerbork transit camp for several days. Afterwards,they were selected to go to the Bergen Belsen concentration camp. Mr Van Daan and Dussel were selected to be gassed, Mrs Frank and Mrs Van Daan died of exhaustion and starving, Anne died of typhus,two days after Margot’s death, and two weeks before the liberation of the camp. Peter also died two days before the liberation of the camp. Otto Frank was the only survivor from the Secret Annex.

After the war, Otto Frank read Anne’s diary and decided to publish it. He established the Anne Frank Foundation on May 3, 1957, with the main goal of saving and restoring the building where the Secret Annex was located in order to allow for it to be opened to the general public. He spent the rest of his life promoting anti racial discrimination. He died of lung cancer on August 19, 1980.

Every character in the book is real instead of being made up. This brought an interesting perspective to the story. For me, it is a story about a young girl growing up. Anne faced many problems similar to the ones I have had during my adolescence such as disagreeing my mother, feeling insecure, being chatty, and struggling to become myself. I read this book twice. The first time I read it I was nine,I didn't quite understand it and I thought it was kind of bizzare. The second time I read the book was this past summer holiday - I am seventeen now. I can now understand Anne’s feelings because I have experienced some of them. Therefore I would recommend teenagers who aren’t younger than thirteen to read this book. I felt like being a friend of Anne while reading the book, probably due to our similar age and the letter-like format of her diary. It was like reading a letter from a pen pal. This book is so honest and it shows all Anne's inner feelings - after all it was her private diary.

It broke my heart when I realized she had died in the concentration camp, only two weeks before liberation. She was an innocent young girl and she didn’t deserve that. If she could have stayed alive for two more weeks, she could have had a bright future. Also,I feel sorry for Otto Frank. It must have been horrible for him to live the rest of his life without his family.

Anne is an optimistic girl, that makes me like her a lot. She helped people get trough hard times with her beliefs and hope. Like she said: “Despite everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”

Lastly, I think this book is an impressive one and it should be read by generations to come. People should learn the importance of peace in order to help Anne rest in peace.

Veronica,

as you can see I have only modified the grammar, spelling and punctuation of your essay. I have not changed the content or the ideas you were trying to express...this would be beyond the purpose of this website (at least as far as I am concerned).

I hope this helps.

Looking forward to more of your questions.

Best,

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker