English as a Second Language/English grammar

Question
I'll be waiting for them, until they would welcome me back.

Is this sentence correct? Or should I use present tense in until clause? And anyway, what does 'would' mean in sentences with the following structure - (future tense), until (subject) would + verb. I stumbled upon a few of them on the internet and it made me curious.

Answer
Hi, Cyril,

I am sorry you have had to wait for a response. For some reason, your question did not reach my inbox. The AllExperts team have just sent me a copy.

Your sentence requires a present tense: "I'll be waiting for them until they welcome me back".

I cannot think of a sentence in which '(future tense), until (subject) would + verb' is natural. If you have any examples, please send them to me, and I will let you know if they are acceptable and, if so, why.

Best wishes,

Jed

English as a Second Language

Jed Webb