English as a Second Language/Reading and Writing

How can I start reading and writing English fluently. I'm new and I've no experience in this language. I have to attend group discussion and my grades are also low in English. So I want any suggestion and help , any book to start with so that I can handle essays, letters, paragraph, grammar and story writing easily. Thank You.

I'd love to help but your question is too general and I can't really suggest much other than for you to follow up with me and provide me with more details:
- your current level (best approximation of it)
- your English learning goals (day to day use, academic, etc)
- timeframe for reaching those goals
- anything else you consider relevant

One thing I can tell you though - mastering English is a life long process most times and there are no magic recipes. Whatever works for one person may not work for someone else. Your best bet would be to probably hire a private tutor and to expose yourself to as much spoken/written English as possible - reading all sorts of English texts, listening to the radio, watching TV, speaking with other (native) English speakers would be some things for you to try to wdo. For me to suggest a particular book or program would be very difficult as I haven't had the advantage of knowing/assessing you personally.

Please follow up with me and as I said, I'll try to help more.

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker

I can answer question about grammar, spelling, syntax, idioms, reading and/or writing that pertain to English as a Second Language. I am knowledgeable about both TOEFL and IELTS.

I'm a certified ESL teacher with 12 years of experience teaching K-12 and adults.

BSc MEd TESL post grad program for k-12 TESL post grad program for adult ed