English as a Second Language/Question

Question
Snapshot
Snapshot  
Hello Amy,

Would you please reword this for me ?

The most powerful single influence enhancing achievement is feedback.

An underline question is also included.

Best,

Hossein

Answer
Hi Hossein,

"The most powerful single influence enhancing achievement is feedback."

When people receive feedback they can (and should) use it to review their performance/achievements, Here, the sentence is trying to emphasize the importance of feedback when it calls it "the single most powerful influence enhancing achievement".
In other words, it's very important for people ot receive feedback, as they can use this extremely powerful tool/information in order to enhance their achievement.

"The DMZ is two and a half miles wide and follows the 38th parallel across the entire peninsula."

Simple: the demilitarized zone is about five kilometers wide and stretches along/follows the 38th parallel across the entire peninsula.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/38th_parallel_north

Just imagine a stretch of land along the 38th parallel, across the Korean Peninsula.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker