English as a Second Language/Question

Question
Hello Amy,

Please reword this:

China and U.S. were venturing into the unknown, during the height of the Cold War no less.

Looking back, it's clear that both sides had taken enormous risks. China and U.S. were venturing into the unknown, during the height of the Cold War no less. There could be serious political consequences at home for leaders on both sides for appearing weak or, in our case,"soft on Communism."

Best,

Hossein,

Hossein Saeedi

Answer
Hi Hossein,

good to hear from you again.

Your sentence rephrased:

In the middle of the Cold War, just when things were at their worst, China and the US dared to do something that could have turned to be dangerous, or that could have had negative consequences.

As far as your comment on the number of characters in a question vs the number of questions ... indeed the site limits the number of characters, not he number of questions, BUT it's much easier for me to address your questions - anyone's questions, actually (particularly if they're unrelated) if you ask them in separate messages. It's no big deal though if you include more than one question in a message. It might just take me longer to get back to you.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker