English as a Second Language/since and for

Question
Hi Amy...I am confused again....Please explain me the use of Since and For.Is there any shortcut method for this.

Also Please tell me about the following sentences

I have learnt that Since is used for a specific time but
in the sentence'It has been raining since morning'...Morning here is not specific (correct me if a I am wrong).

And

'I am waiting since two hours' or 'I have been waiting for two hours'.Which is correct.

Answer
Hi Dev,

good question.

The first sentence should say: It has been raining since this/yesterday/Monday/Wednesday morning. (so that's a specific time)

Also, the correct version of the second sentence is: I have been waiting for two hours.

Please review the info in the link below and if you still have questions, feel free to follow up with me.

http://www.grammar.cl/Notes/For_Since.htm

Best,

Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker