English as a Second Language/since and for

Hi Amy...I am confused again....Please explain me the use of Since and For.Is there any shortcut method for this.

Also Please tell me about the following sentences

I have learnt that Since is used for a specific time but
in the sentence'It has been raining since morning'...Morning here is not specific (correct me if a I am wrong).

'I am waiting since two hours' or 'I have been waiting for two hours'.Which is correct.

Hi Dev,

good question.

The first sentence should say: It has been raining since this/yesterday/Monday/Wednesday morning. (so that's a specific time)

Also, the correct version of the second sentence is: I have been waiting for two hours.

Please review the info in the link below and if you still have questions, feel free to follow up with me.

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker

I can answer question about grammar, spelling, syntax, idioms, reading and/or writing that pertain to English as a Second Language. I am knowledgeable about both TOEFL and IELTS.

I'm a certified ESL teacher with 12 years of experience teaching K-12 and adults.

BSc MEd TESL post grad program for k-12 TESL post grad program for adult ed