English as a Second Language/Indefinite or definite article?

Question
Dear Brian,

I prepared the topic below (for my student) but was certainly unsure whether to use "a" or "the" in the phrase "on a/the personal level", then I decided to use "a" after checking the Longman dictionary. But still, I ask myself: "Is on the personal level" correct or not?"

topic
No doubt technological changes have affected many areas of life in recent years. This report will focus on some changes that have had the greatest impact on people.|First of all, on a personal lever, changes include telephones, music, television, cars, shopping, money, banking, etc., whereas, on a public level, they include travel and transport systems, crime detection, industry, power generation, etc. Online booking is an example of these technological changes. The cheapest and quickest way of buying train or airline tickets is now to book online. In conclusion, new technology has enabled people to save time, money, and effort

By the way, can I use "finally" instead of "conclusion"?

Please help me out.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Antoine Ghannoum

Answer
Hi Antoine!

Sorry for my extremely late response.

The correct answer is "a", since whose/which personal level is not established (it is indefinite).

"Finally" and "In conclusion" are not synonymous.  "Finally" indicates there is some kind of ordered list of things, whereas "in conclusion" indicates a particular part of the body of an essay, which is generally a summary rather than a point in a list.

I hope that makes sense!  Take care.

English as a Second Language

Brian Connelly