English as a Second Language/Oral examination

Question
Hello Amy!
Can you plaese check out my text on grammar/other mistakes? I'll have an oral exam tomorrow and I'm not really sure about the story i wrote.

As the man left the cafe, Maria saw that his phone was still on the table. Then she stood up to take it, and suddenly the phone rang. The phone number was hidden. The woman was really surprised, but nevertheless decided to answer.
She tried to explain that the owner has left, and if there any possibility to bring it back to him.. She was speaking fast, her voice shaking a bit.
The person on the other end was silent for a moment. Maria felt confused.
- I know. - she heard a tender, lovely man's voice. - I'll be here in a minute.
She stood up in perplexity. Then a few moments later she saw a man standing in front of her. It was exactly that man who had lost his phone!
She asked him why did he call himself.
- It was the only way I could talk to you, Maria.
And here their story began.

Thank you for attention!

Answer
Hi Ksenia,

thank you for your question.

Please find below the corrected version of your text:

As the man left the cafe, Maria saw that his phone was still on the table. As she stood up to take it, the phone suddenly rang. The caller's number was hidden. The woman was really surprised, but nevertheless decided to answer.

She tried to explain that the owner of the phone left, (and if there any possibility to bring it back to him) (*Not sure what you mean with the fragment I put in parantheses, please get back to me so we can work it out*). She was speaking fast, her voice shaking a bit.

The person at the other end of the line was quiet (for a moment). Maria felt confused.

- I know. - she heard a tender, lovely man voice. I'll be here in a minute.

She asked him why did he call himself.

And that's where their story began.

Looks good to me. Please get back to me about the fragment in the first paragraph as I can't figure out what you're trying to say or how to fix it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker