English as a Second Language/Question

Question
Hi Amy,

Please tell me what was Hillary's intention by saying this:

I had logged more miles and sat through more awkwardly translated diplomatic speeches than I imagined possible.But it paid off.

Full context:

During one long discussion with Dai, he exclaimed,"Why don't you 'pivot' out of here?" I had logged more miles and sat through more awkwardly translated diplomatic speeches than I imagined possible. But it paid off. We had climbed out of the hole we found ourselves in at the beginning of the administration and reasserted America's presence in the region. The years that followed would bring new challenges, from a sudden leadership change in North Korea to a Standoff with the Chinese over the fate of a blind human rights dissident hiding in the U.S. Embassy. There would be new opportunities as well.

Best,
Hossein,
Hossein Saeedi

Answer
Hi Hossein,

Despite extensive travelling (logging a lot of miles) and listening to translated diplomatic speeches that felt weird, in the end, it was all worth it; it was a positive/beneficial experience.

My version of the sentence...

I hope this works for you.

Best,  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker