English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. It is worth pointing out that widespread drug use and smuggling are clear signs of moral and social decay.
Nothing can assure you of permanent happiness.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “It deserves mention that widespread drug use and….”?
(2.)    In the second, can I leave out “of”?

2. Visitors to our shop are assured of a gracious reception.
We should take precautions against sunburn or skin cancer when we are outdoors.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “We assure visitors to our shop of a gracious reception”?
(2.)  In the first, can I leave out “of” and say “Visitors to our shop are assured/ensured/guaranteed a gracious reception”?

3. After being left alone on an island, he could only rely on animals for “someone” to talk to.
 In summer, our government takes precautions against torrential rains before typhoons come.

(1.) In the second sentence, does it mean the same if I say “after being abandoned on an island” or “after being stranded on an island”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “precautions” with “preventive measures”?

4 ,  Famous actors or athletes often endorse new products to help companies promote sales.
   A bank usually charges its customers a service fee for a transaction with another bank.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “endorse new products”?

5. When the teacher asked John why he was late, he couldn’t account for his tardiness.
 Drunk driving accounts for many car accident deaths.

(1.)    In the first, can I say also, “….he couldn’t account for the reason”?
(2.)    In the second, what is the difference if I change “car accident deaths” to “car accidents”?

6. The disappearance of MH 370 flight remains a mystery. No one can account for what really happened.
  If we don’t solve small problems, they may accumulate into big ones that we may not be able to solve later.

Are all sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..no one can account for the cause of the disappearance”?
(2.)   In the second, what is another way to say “accumulate into big ones”?

Answer

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes, I'd suggest leaving "of" out of the second sentence though
(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “It deserves mention that widespread drug use and….”? yes
(2.)    In the second, can I leave out “of”?  see above :)

Are both sentences grammatically correct? again, you want to leave "of" out

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “We assure visitors to our shop of a gracious reception”?  yes
(2.)  In the first, can I leave out “of” and say “Visitors to our shop are assured/ensured/guaranteed a gracious reception”? yes to assured/guaranteed

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes

(1.) In the second sentence, does it mean the same if I say “after being abandoned on an island” or “after being stranded on an island”? yes
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “precautions” with “preventive measures”? same meaning

4. Famous actors or athletes often endorse new products to help companies promote sales.

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is another way to say “endorse new products”? "promote/recommend new products"

(1.)    In the first, can I say also, “….he couldn’t account for the reason”? yes
(2.)    In the second, what is the difference if I change “car accident deaths” to “car accidents”? car accident deaths means strictly those car accidents that resulted in fatalities; car accidents means anything from a minor fender bender to an accident where someone lost his/her life.

Are all sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “..no one can account for the cause of the disappearance”? yes
(2.)   In the second, what is another way to say “accumulate into big ones”? turn into bigger/more complicated ones

I hope this helps Oppo.

Looking forward to more of your interesting questions.

Best,  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker