English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1. Weather changes can affect my grandma’s arthritis. She sometimes claims that it is going to rain because she can feel it in her joints.
Many believe that world peace can only be achieved by the joint efforts of all the nations.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “My grandma’s arthritis can predict weather. She sometimes claims that …..”?
(2.)    In the second, can I place “only” before “by”?

2.We managed to finish the project on time by our joint efforts.
The case was solved by the joint efforts of the police and the locals.

Are both sentences grammatically correct?
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I leave out “our”?
(2.)    Does it mean the same if I say “We cooperated (worked together) to finish the project on time”?

3. Mary declined to help me at first, but after I begged her several times, she finally consented to my request.
If students need to make a phone call or go to the bathroom during class, they can leave the room without the teacher’s consent.

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “…she finally agreed “ or “…she finally consented”?
(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I say “without the teacher permission”?

4. He needs his parents’ consent to sign the contract because he is a minor.
According to the school regulation, students can’t join the school band without their parent’s consent.

(1.)    In the second, can I change “consent” to “agreement”?
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same, “The school requires that students need his parent’s consent to join the school band”?

5. Customers who use their bank services have to pay all kinds of fees such as service fees or transaction fees.
The ATM screen shows: The transaction is being processed. Please wait.

(1.)    In the second, what is the difference if I change “shows” to “says’?

6. The transaction failed because the message said that the information I entered was incorrect.
At the convention, many celebrities spoke to endorse the candidate, who was running for the office of mayor.

(1.)    In the second, can I say also, “In the political campaign, many celebrities spoke to…”?

Answer
. Weather changes can affect my grandma’s arthritis. She sometimes claims that it is going to rain because she can feel it in her joints.

Are all the sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “My grandma’s arthritis can predict weather. She sometimes claims that …..”? This sounds awkward to me. The arthritis can't predict weather, it's your grandmother that predicts the weather because of her arthritis symptoms.
(2.)    In the second, can I place “only” before “by”? yes

Are both sentences grammatically correct? yes
(1.)    In the first sentence, can I leave out “our”? You could but your sentence loses meaning and it sounds incomplete to me.
(2.)    Does it mean the same if I say “We cooperated (worked together) to finish the project on time”? absolutely

(1.)    In the first sentence, can I say also, “…she finally agreed “ or “…she finally consented”? yes
(2.)   In the second, does it mean the same if I say “without the teacher permission”? yes it does

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I'd rephrase them:
He needs his parents’ consent on the contract because he is a minor.
He needs his parents’ signatures on the contract because he is a minor.
According to the school regulations, students can’t join the school band without their parents' consent.
(1.)    In the second, can I change “consent” to “agreement”? yes
(2.)    In the second, does it mean the same, “The school requires that students need his parent’s consent to join the school band”? not really. What you want to say is:
The school requires that students have their parents' consent to join the school band

(1.)    In the second, what is the difference if I change “shows” to “says’? no difference

Are both sentences grammatically correct? I'd rephrase the first:
The transaction failed; the message said that the information I entered was incorrect.
(the transaction didn't fail because of the message, it failed because the info entered was incorrect).
Also, there is no need for the comma before "who" in the second.

(1.)    In the second, can I say also, “In the political campaign, many celebrities spoke to…”? yes, but a political campaign is not synonym to a convention.

I hope this helps Oppo.

Best,  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker